Seniors Rights Service solicitors provide legal advice and practical guidance to older people throughout NSW about most aspects of strata living.
Strata legal advice
Common issues our lawyers advise on include:
- What is or isn’t common property, and the Owner’s Corporation’s responsibilities
- Damage to your property from common property issues like roof leaks and mould
- Contributions and levies
- Meetings of the Owner’s Corporation and Committee
- How to be your own best advocate when dealing with the Owner’s Corporation, Committee and Strata Managing Agent
- Dealing with unauthorised alterations and renovations
- By laws, such as unlawfully parking, smoking and noise complaints
- Collective sales and redevelopments, including options contracts
- Strata titled retirement villages
Sorry, but we are unable to advise on:
- commercial strata property issues
- investment property issues
- conveyancing or sale of strata property
Our solicitors may also visit a club, library or other local facility on request to conduct sessions to educate residents and prospective residents about the legal aspects of strata living. We can customise an education session to address a particular issue in strata living, if required.
Contact the Strata Legal Service to discuss your issue or request an education session.
Phone: 02 9281 3600.